Your privacy is important to us. Darwin Christian Broadcasters Association (T/A Darwin’s 97seven) are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that we uphold your trust by keeping your information safe and ensuring the security of your information and data.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information where your identity is reasonable ascertainable. This definition includes a broad range of information including:
- contact details (name, address, telephone numbers, email, etc.).
- personal details (birthdate, marital status, gender, etc.).
- anonymous activity-tracking data.
We collect financial information such as credit card or bank account details that you provide when you make a donation. These financial details are only used to process the donation transaction and are not stored in our system. However, if you sign up as a regular donor we are required to save these details in our system for the purpose of processing the periodic donations.
In some specific cases (e.g. when you apply to become a member or a volunteer) we collect ‘sensitive’ information regarding your religious beliefs and/or church membership, which is used strictly for the purpose it was collected. (Note: The privacy legislation considers sensitive information to be about people’s health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, etc.)
Why is this information collected?
We collect your personal data because you:
- Made a donation. We need this information (e.g. your credit card details and your name and address) to process the payment transaction and to issue a tax-deductible receipt.
- Want to support us as a member, sponsor or volunteer. We need your personal information to communicate with you and for legal reasons.
- Took part in a competition. We need the contact information to notify winners and distribute prizes, and to send you further communication regarding Darwin’s 97seven such as newsletters.
- Requested one of the community services we offer (e.g. What’s On listing, a newsletter) on-air or through the website. We need this information (e.g. your email address) to be able to provide you with the service.
- Provided feedback or made a complaint. We will use the personal information to ascertain if this feedback or complaint is common to other listeners of similar gender and age groups and see how successfully we are providing services to our target audience. We may also need it to get back to you.
How is this information collected?
- verbally, either personally (e.g. you visit the station to make a donation) or over the phone (e.g. you win an on-air competition and provide your details to receive the prize)
- in writing (e.g. you send us a letter or email with your details)
- electronically (e.g. you fill an online form on the website or anonymous information gathered with ‘cookies’)
- newsletter sign-up
All access to our public websites is anonymous, except for any areas where you may be required to login with your own account or enter your personal information.
When you visit our public website a record of your visit is logged which includes the following data:
- The date, time, and length of your visit.
- Your IP address and/or domain name.
- Your operating system and device type (type of browser and platform); and
- The pages and resources you accessed and the documents you downloaded.
A cookie is a small file with a unique ID which your browser saves to your computer. It does not contain any personally identifiable information, however it enables websites to track visitor movements and preferences. We may place a cookie on your device to enable us to deliver ads about our services or promotions to you when you visit third-party websites that use the same Google advertising platform. This cookie only knows that you visited our website and does not contain any personally identifiable data. If you prefer to disable cookies, instructions for doing so can be found in the Help section of your web browser.
Note that disabling cookies on our website will prevent us from being able to display advertisements to you on third-party websites that promote our services, or those of our station sponsors which may be relevant to you.
Our website may contain links to third party websites, and third-party websites may also have links to our website.
How we protect your personal information
We only use your personal information for the particular purpose you provided it. In some cases, we may use it also to send you periodic updates about Darwin’s 97seven.
Otherwise, we will not use or disclose your personal information without your consent, unless there is a duty to the public to disclose that information, we are required to by law, or where the interests of Darwin’s 97seven require disclosure.
Darwin’s 97seven uses a combination of technical solutions, security and access controls, and internal processes to help us protect your information and our network from unauthorised access, misuse and unintentional disclosure.
At times we may be required to use third-party providers (for normal operation and contingency storage) to host some or all of our systems. These providers may have technical facilities in countries other than Australia, these providers will be required to maintain the same privacy safeguards which Darwin’s 97seven maintains.
How you can access your personal information
At anytime you can request access to the personal information that we hold about you by contacting the Darwin’s 97seven office. You may simply want to check it, and if appropriate make corrections to it, or you may want to let us know of the change. For example, you may opt out of receiving one or all of our communication services at any time.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold and collect is relevant, accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
Please help us by:
- letting us know if there are any errors in the information, we hold about you; and
- keeping us informed of any changes to your information, such as changes to your name or address.
You can contact our office. We will be happy to send a copy free of charge to your email or postal address.
You can contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 08 8927 8977 (9:00 am to 5:00 pm on business days)
- mail: Privacy Officer
44 Dripstone Road Casuarina NT 2487